Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typo in the "Linux flash guide"
Glad you manage to fix your issue!

About your keyboard layout issue, that should not happen, the keyboard mapping should be OK in all applications. I've just double checked it on my unit by setting the layout to US, it works as expected.
I'm wondering if multiple input methods are activated on your unit, that would explain the issue.

Once in terminal, try tapping on the keyboard icon on the bottom right edge of the screen (you can also see it in the above screenshot).
If you see more than one option, then you have multiple input method installed and you can either select the right one from that menu or you can simply remove the unwanted input methods.

Also please double check that you selected the right keyboard layout for your language - it should be English (US) Gemini keyboard, and not English (US) Android keyboard.
The US English Android (AOSP) keyboard was enabled by default. I hadn't removed it, but had selected the Gemini keyboard.

When I moved the blue touchscreen slider in the hardware keyboard settings GUI to disable the AOSP keyboard, it simultaneously greyed out both the Gemini keyboard and the AOSP keyboard, making it look as though they were linked and both would be disabled together. So I had hesitated to make that change to settings, lest I be left with no keyboard enabled. But on closer inspection, although greyed out, the Gemini slider was still to the right, in the "enabled" position. After a reboot with the AOSP keyboard disabled, the special keys are entered correctly in the terminal app.

If I re-flash the OS with the default Google Android OS, I again have problems entering non-alphanumeric characters to complete the Google setup screens, before I get far enough into the setup process to be able to disable the AOSP keyboard.
The NVAM backup trick me for a night until I find out you cannot ignore the scatter file. Use the Android one and it backup (I hope).

The launching of linux is also very slow and very not sure.

But the most disappointment is when the linux was launched.

Just want to use the gemini to do some basic compliation - c, python, c-python, editor (even vim) etc. May be some lisp. Or even some assembler language of ARM.

Seems quite rough so far. Need some basic how-to to make it works. The terminal is too small or ....

How to install ubuntu instead. More familiar with that environment. (More a mac-xcode or Windows-notepad++ guy or ubuntu terminal and editor aptget guy; no problem in basic but no concern of anything higher up. Do bare metal and hence may dig into the loader lately. ).

Fall back to android so at least the item is useful for awhile to pay weiqi / go ...
(05-21-2018, 12:54 AM)dccng Wrote: The NVAM backup trick me for a night until I find out you cannot ignore the scatter file.  Use the Android one and it backup (I hope).

The launching of linux is also very slow and very not sure.  

But the most disappointment is when the linux was launched.

Just want to use the gemini to do some basic compliation - c, python, c-python, editor (even vim) etc.  May be some lisp. Or even some assembler language of ARM.  

Seems quite rough so far.  Need some basic how-to to make it works.  The terminal is too small or ....

How to install ubuntu instead.  More familiar with that environment.  (More a mac-xcode or Windows-notepad++ guy or ubuntu terminal and editor aptget guy; no problem in basic but no concern of anything higher up.  Do bare metal and hence may dig into the loader lately. ).

Fall back to android so at least the item is useful for awhile to pay weiqi / go ...

The Debian image present on the Web is quite old at this point, we are working towards an update, but a lot of work has been done.
Please make sure you follow this page to update your Debian distribution to the latest version: https://github.com/gemian/gemini-keyboar...i/DebianTP