Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRC error on Gemini_Debian_TP
I downloaded Debian image twice - getting CRC error BOTH times on the *.img file. This is not good.
I suggest double-check, and re-posting.

Z.

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-11-2018, 02:43 AM)Zvonimir Wrote: I downloaded Debian image twice - getting CRC error BOTH times on the *.img file. This is not good.

Z.

Dear Zvonimir,
I just double checked that, it is fine when I download it... not really sure how to help here.

Davide
Davide, thanks!
Luckily - this seems to be related to orphaned folder _MACOSX - what is this supposed to be? My guess something about yet_to_be supported MacOS version of the flash tool...probably would be good to remove that folder for now, or at least remove the files from the folder.

Z
(03-11-2018, 07:42 PM)Zvonimir Wrote: Davide, thanks!
Luckily - this seems to be related to orphaned folder _MACOSX - what is this supposed to be? My guess something about yet_to_be supported MacOS version of the flash tool...probably would be good to remove that folder for now, or at least remove the files from the folder.

Z

I have also had the same errors using both Windows and Linux, someone reported on OESF.org that the files unzip without error on a Mac,

J
(03-11-2018, 06:44 PM)dguidi Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 02:43 AM)Zvonimir Wrote: I downloaded Debian image twice - getting CRC error BOTH times on the *.img file. This is not good.

Z.

Dear Zvonimir,
I just double checked that, it is fine when I download it... not really sure how to help here.

Davide

Davide: see JMD's comment below. It may be friendly to add a comment about the error, until we figure it out.
I borrowed a friends Mac to download and unzip, it did it without errors. I have flashed it to my Gemini, it boots to a login screen (user Gemini) but i don't know the password and it seems fairly slow so maybe the image was not ok
(03-12-2018, 08:58 AM)JMD Wrote: I borrowed a friends Mac to download and unzip, it did it without errors. I have flashed it to my Gemini, it boots to a login screen (user Gemini) but i don't know the password and it seems fairly slow so maybe the image was not ok

Sounds correct. Password is 'gemini'. Bear in mind that it's still a technology preview, we will hopefully have a better version in one or two weeks.
(03-12-2018, 10:26 PM)dguidi Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 08:58 AM)JMD Wrote: I borrowed a friends Mac to download and unzip, it did it without errors. I have flashed it to my Gemini, it boots to a login screen (user Gemini) but i don't know the password and it seems fairly slow so maybe the image was not ok

Sounds correct. Password is 'gemini'. Bear in mind that it's still a technology preview, we will hopefully have a better version in one or two weeks.

Thx, the password worked and it boots ok, GUI is quite responsive. Looking forward to the next version!

J