Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GNU/Linux user-land on top of Android
I added the following to my .bashrc in termux to make getting into linux easier.

linux() {
su -c "/data/data/ru.meefik.linuxdeploy/bin/linuxdeploy shell -u gemini"
}

I also edited /data/data/ru.meefik.linuxdeploy/env/include/core/net/deploy.sh

### insert this bit
echo "cleanup symlink resolver"
test -L "${CHROOT_DIR}/etc/resolv.conf" && rm "${CHROOT_DIR}/etc/resolv.conf"
### before this line
printf '' > "${CHROOT_DIR}/etc/resolv.conf"
for dns in ${dns_list}
do
echo "nameserver ${dns}" >> "${CHROOT_DIR}/etc/resolv.conf"
done

which allows the system to update the resolv.conf so that it can use DNS
Thanks for describing interesting theme.
Is it possible to run program with linux UI in that way? I mean something like I mentioned here https://developer.planetcom.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=10
I'm using linux deploy to start chrooted linux.
Is it possible to use /dev/graphics/fb0 to output UI on our Gemini?
The Framebuffer is already opened by Android. You need something which will cooperate. Your best bet would be an X11 Server for Android which you can then target with DISPLAY=:0
(06-08-2018, 03:34 PM)Beiriannydd Wrote: The Framebuffer is already opened by Android.  You need something which will cooperate.  Your best bet would be an X11 Server for Android which you can then target with DISPLAY=:0/
Simple  test cat /dev/urandom > /dev/graphics/fb0 doesn't work (you should see some distortions).
LinuxDeploy can use framebufer, but I can't mde it to work.
(06-09-2018, 12:54 PM)nox Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 03:34 PM)Beiriannydd Wrote: The Framebuffer is already opened by Android.  You need something which will cooperate.  Your best bet would be an X11 Server for Android which you can then target with DISPLAY=:0/
Simple  test cat /dev/urandom > /dev/graphics/fb0 doesn't work (you should see some distortions).
If what I was told is accurate, no one has written a framebuffer driver for at least pure-console Linux. Might this be the issue?
(06-10-2018, 02:01 PM)depscribe Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 12:54 PM)nox Wrote:
If what I was told is accurate, no one has written a framebuffer driver for at least pure-console Linux. Might this be the issue?

Well, I get the Idea how to test FB from LinuxDepoy's FAQ. The initial problem still exists, black screen while using fb.
(05-07-2018, 09:14 PM)dguidi Wrote: However, you will have to root your Android to be able to mount it (you can find information about how to root Android here: http://support.planetcom.co.uk/index.php...i_Firmware).

The page is missing the info how to root a dual boot setup:

Either use the flash tool to write into "boot" the "patched_boot.img" instead of the default "boot-verified.img"

Or edit the Scatter-loading File "Gemini_Dual_Boot.txt" to use "patched_boot.img":
- partition_index: SYS23

partition_name: boot
  file_name: patched_boot.img

Probably the partitionTool page should be updated to have a "root" option.

Regards,
Dietmar
(05-17-2018, 12:05 PM)Beiriannydd Wrote: I added the following to my .bashrc in termux to make getting into linux easier.

linux() {
 su -c "/data/data/ru.meefik.linuxdeploy/bin/linuxdeploy shell -u gemini"
}

I also edited /data/data/ru.meefik.linuxdeploy/env/include/core/net/deploy.sh

### insert this bit
   echo "cleanup symlink resolver"
   test -L "${CHROOT_DIR}/etc/resolv.conf" && rm "${CHROOT_DIR}/etc/resolv.conf"
### before this line
   printf '' > "${CHROOT_DIR}/etc/resolv.conf"
   for dns in ${dns_list}
   do
       echo "nameserver ${dns}" >> "${CHROOT_DIR}/etc/resolv.conf"
   done

which allows the system to update the resolv.conf so that it can use DNS

Thank you for this, very helpful.  How to I fix my nameservers when I change from e.g. wifi to mobile data within the chroot?

edit:
solved.
there is a setting in linux deploy - "track network changes".