Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to contribute ?
Question 
Hi, 
 l am missing information how to help with development Linux side of Gemini. Can somebody provide to-do list or something where we can help?  Thanks
Hey Sadd, the linux side is now split in at least 4 directions, along side all the many other distros that people will probably port in the end. Personally I think that the Gemini Linux community is so small just now that we should focus our main efforts on a single direction for maximum efficiency.

Prior to the latest update that was definitely Debian 9, and I would argue it probably still is.

The Gemian (Gemini-Debian) project is my attempt at pushing things in single working together direction. We don't have a to-do list as such, more of sprawling incomplete brain dump of ideas: https://github.com/gemian/gemini-keyboard-apps/wiki You'll notice the 5 applications in the works, we also have more driver work than expected but can't really work on that till we have hardware.
(02-20-2018, 12:17 PM)adamboardman Wrote: Hey Sadd, the linux side is now split in at least 4 directions, along side all the many other distros that people will probably port in the end. Personally I think that the Gemini Linux community is so small just now that we should focus our main efforts on a single direction for maximum efficiency.
In reality it's just desktop-based distros (Debian/Ubuntu/anything else ported later), where most of work can be shared and SailfishOS, not 4 directions exactly, but yes, I agree with you on that.
Hi, thanks l was looking for this project. l am also developing one application for gemini, l'll send you my github repo soon.
As soon as I get the device I volunteer for Debian as well, but for me GSM support is a crucial feature and as far as I know the support is not really available at the moment (and I do not have driver devolepment experience)
(02-27-2018, 02:19 PM)georgius Wrote: As soon as I get the device I volunteer for Debian as well, but for me GSM support is a crucial feature and as far as I know the support is not really available at the moment (and I do not have driver devolepment experience)

I too am very interested in GSM support for linux, do we know which hardware module is being used?
(03-05-2018, 06:23 AM)VolT Wrote: I too am very interested in GSM support for linux, do we know which hardware module is being used?

It's part of MediaTek Helio X25/X27 (MT6797T) SoC.
Smile 
Adam's suggestion seems sensible. I'm all for diversity and secretly hanker after getting Arch working on Gemini, but in the short-term, people forming a critical mass to get one distro up to a decent quality bar appeals to me more than ten more limited efforts  Smile