Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External Monitor - Mirror or not?
[Note: written prior to hands on hardware]

Do we have any info on how the external monitor is handled?

From info up to now it seems its mirrored only, with the suggestion that a software fix might let us not be mirrored further down the line.

My particular concern is that I don't have a monitor with the same pixel count as the Gemini or even the same ratio, so I wish to avoid the squish/stretch or blur that I suspect might happen depending on how one is shoved into the other.

Also some use cases for mirroring:
  • Presentation - internal (notes + current + next slide thumbnails), external - slides.
  • Legacy X App - internal is touchpad, external shows regular desktop with mouse pointer moved by using internal screen as a touchpad.
  • Dual screening - many things from: internal screen shows the document your currently working on, external - the source materials and research that your working from, to: video on the external with email on the internal etc.
adamboardman[Note: written prior to hands on hardware]

Do we have any info on how the external monitor is handled?

From info up to now it seems its mirrored only, with the suggestion that a software fix might let us not be mirrored further down the line.

My particular concern is that I don't have a monitor with the same pixel count as the Gemini or even the same ratio, so I wish to avoid the squish/stretch or blur that I suspect might happen depending on how one is shoved into the other.

Also some use cases for mirroring:
  • Presentation - internal (notes + current + next slide thumbnails), external - slides.
  • Legacy X App - internal is touchpad, external shows regular desktop with mouse pointer moved by using internal screen as a touchpad.
  • Dual screening - many things from: internal screen shows the document your currently working on, external - the source materials and research that your working from, to: video on the external with email on the internal etc.
Hi,

I can report that in Android the screen is mirrored, as soon aas I can flash Debian I will let ou know what I find,

J