Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying & Failing To Flash
I wonder if someone can help me out here please.
I wish to flash with Debian dual-boot. However, when I select the Scatter file for that, the flashing tool no longer allows me to select any of the fields and gives the complaint :
"Please select one ROM at least before execution."

I have however managed successfully to reflash Android using the same flashing tool application as for some reason, that automatically selects all of the fields when the scatter file is selected for android.
I have tried this on a variety of computers and operating systems including Ubuntu 16.04. Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 18.04, Fedora, OpenSuse, Windows 7, but all with the same result. I have also tried to use a variety of Scatter files, all with the same result.
I am now three days in and beginning to wonder if this is indeed possible..........

Any help or direction would be gratefully received
(05-20-2018, 11:36 AM)xero50 Wrote: I wonder if someone can help me out here please.
I wish to flash with Debian dual-boot. However, when I select the Scatter file for that, the flashing tool no longer allows me to select any of the fields and gives the complaint :
"Please select one ROM at least before execution."

I have however managed successfully to reflash Android using the same flashing tool application as for some reason, that automatically selects all of the fields when the scatter file is selected for android.
I have tried this on a variety of computers and operating systems including Ubuntu 16.04. Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 18.04, Fedora, OpenSuse, Windows 7, but all with the same result. I have also tried to use a variety of Scatter files, all with the same result.
I am now three days in and beginning to wonder if this is indeed possible..........

Any help or direction would be gratefully received

Apparently this happens if you have not selected a single partition to be written. You can select the partitions to be written by clicking on the relative checkboxes, on the first column of the partitions table.

To convert an Android-only firmware to a dual-boot one you should select the "Firmware Upgrade" option, which will automatically select all the partitions.
Please see attached screenshot and make sure the partitions are checked.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the reply - - - the problem I have is that it will not allow me to tick any of the check-boxes at all when the relevant scatter file has been chosen
(05-21-2018, 11:31 AM)xero50 Wrote: Thanks for the reply - - -  the problem I have is that it will not allow me to tick any of the check-boxes at all when the relevant scatter file has been chosen

I see.
Have you copied the scatter file inside the folder where the firmware is located?
Can you see the filenames in the last column as shown in the previously attached screenshot?
Wow !!!!! Thankyou so much for that little golden nugget :-) :-) :-)
That did the trick - You are a star
If i just wanted to update android or just debian on a duelboot system what files do we need to tick in download mode as its a bit confusing which files to tick. If only updating debian we don't want to have to reflash android so a table with what files to select in the tick boxed for each system would be help full thanks.
(05-23-2018, 06:58 PM)jutleys Wrote: If i just wanted to update android or just debian on a duelboot system what files do we need to tick in download mode as its a bit confusing which files to tick. If only updating debian we don't want to have to reflash android so a table with what files to select in the tick boxed for each system would be help full thanks.

In principle, upgrading Debian is very easy thanks to the Gemian project. On the other side the Android over the air update will not work on a dual boot device.

Planet Computers will provide updated Android firmware on the support website whenever an update is release (the one you can find at the moment is already updated in line with latest over the air update). To update it without flashing the whole device and loosing all your data you just need to keep the scatter file that you used for your current partition layout. The partition that contains the Android firmware is called system (image file name is system.img). Your settings and data are instead saved in the userdata partition.

Usually flashing the system partition is enough to update your Android firmware.

This is a quick reply, we will publish a comprehensive guide soon.