Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BUG] password and multiple langages
Bug 
Pretty serious bug, I'm lucky that I had TWRP recovery install.

How to reproduce:
  1. Set  Password with latin letters
  2. Add non-querty keyboard (cyrilic in my case)
  3. Write some text, reboot.
  4. First password (bootloader?) is OK.
  5. 2nd time (Android unlock screen) I can't input passsword as keyboard is nonlatin (see step 2). There is no onscreen keyboard, so no chance to change the keyboard layout.
Why there are 2 places for the same password?
(05-26-2018, 07:23 PM)nox Wrote: Pretty serious bug, I'm lucky that I had TWRP recovery install.

How to reproduce:
  1. Set  Password with latin letters
  2. Add non-querty keyboard (cyrilic in my case)
  3. Write some text, reboot.
  4. First password (bootloader?) is OK.
  5. 2nd time (Android unlock screen) I can't input passsword as keyboard is nonlatin (see step 2). There is no onscreen keyboard, so no chance to change the keyboard layout.
Why there are 2 places for the same password?

You should be able to switch keyboard layout using the little keyboard icon. This works both the first time (to boot the device) and second time (to unlock the screen).This is also how you quickly switch the keyboard layout language when you have multiple keyboard layout installed. See attached screenshots.

Attached Files Image(s)

There is no "little keyboard icon" on my login screen. that was a problem
(05-27-2018, 10:49 AM)nox Wrote: There is no "little keyboard icon" on my login screen. that was a problem

Yes, if you have a single language and a single input method setup, then you will not have the choice to change the keyboard layout.
If instead you add a second language, or you add an input method, then you will be able to choose between them.
yep, looks like I shoot this way in my leg while playing with languages. I think issue can be marked resolved